Falling Into the "Do-It-Later" Syndrome

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I am getting so lazy, just sitting around and reading.  I did finish that book from the last post, Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel.  I have started book #4, Treason at Lisson Grove by Anne Perry.  I have a special bond with the Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series because I first discovered it here at The Crane lending library about 9 years ago.

I haven't taken many pictures these last few days since there's not much happening.  I did take these of the coming rain...

I think that this day, Tuesday, was the day or the earthquake in the DC area.  Sounded pretty scary.

The rains let up in the afternoon and we went swimming.  That's the great thing about rain here - it rains for a few minutes, the sun comes out and everything dries up again.  Just like The Itsy Bitsy Spider:

 

The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain,
and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.

 

I took this picture of the little lizard trying to hide on the louvres in the bathroom:

Img_0901

Not much else of interest.  This morning we had a meeting with some of The Crane staff, then off to Cutters for breakfast, Emerald City for more groceries then back to my chair for reading.

Cutters

It's so relaxing here.  We've been here just under a week but it seems like nearly forever...

 

Mary

0 comments

Post a Comment