Monday, week one

Monday, August 25, 2008

Of course yesterday didn't go as planned. After much haggling with his wi-fi in the lobby, Tom got a network cable from the front desk. The rest of the afternoon he was online or making phone calls.

I spent the time dipping in the pool, reading, napping. I did something I have never done here - I got a sunburn! The weather was so breezy and cool and I was out in my bathing suit. It never occurred to me I might get a burn.

Since Tom got online there was now no need to go shopping...so we didn't.

At night Tom started a schedule with 33 slots so we could fill them in with things we wanted to do. AACCKK!

At night, we watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, had dinner and I was off to bed. I tossed and turned a lot - the sheet was uncomfortable on my sunburned feet.

Today looks like another lazy day. I went to see Theresa (concierge) to set up the various trips and stuff we wanted to add to that schedule.

We were going to go on the Tiami but are going to try Cool Runnings this year instead. We're going to the Plantation Bajan Roots & Rhythms show again and on the Island Safari again.

New to us will be the helicopter around the island plus the Barbados Concorde Experience. We had planned on doing the Concorde anyway. We were here the day of their final flight out of Barbados before they stopped service.

I found out that one of our favorite lunch places, Cocomos, has gone out of business and has been reopened as another restaurant. This is sad on several levels, one being that this was where Sue (SuziQ) took us for lunch when she was here with us before she died. So many places here have memories of Sue. The year she died she'd been planning to come back with us again but never made it. Seeing Cocomos gone is like another part of Sue's memory destroyed. I miss Sue so much as a special friend and as a Cushing's advocate.

This afternoon we got our schedule all squared away. We found that the Garrison Savannah Horse Races were rained out last Saturday so they're rescheduled for this week. They've never run while we were here before so we changed out Cool Runnings to Friday and will go to the races on Saturday.

We went to lunch at Cutters. Cutter is the Bajan word for sandwich. After that, back to Emerald City for stuff we forgot Saturday and more milk.

Now, pool and naptime! I can never get enough of either.

0 comments

Post a Comment